Safe disinfection of rooms and equipment
Avoid infections amongst people and animals using disinfection robots. Our technology is based on research, developed and produced in Norway. A dry mist consisting of Hydrogen peroxide is produced by the robot. The method is used both as prevention and during outbreaks. The dry mist fills the room and removes 99,9999% of all bacteria, viruses and spores from the room and all its surfaces and equipment.
- Easy to use
- Place the machine in the room to be disinfected.
- Push the button and leave the room.
- A report is automatically submitted.
Using the robot from Decon-X makes life easier for everybody involved in disinfection work.
- Internet of Things - IoT
- The process is controlled by sensors that measure the parameters during the disinfection process. This ensures that the disinfection process is carried out with verified and controlled efficiency, while all process-related documentation is generated and submitted to the user of the robot.
- The disinfection method from Decon-x is gentle and will not harm furniture or technical equipment. The robot can be used anywhere. Our customers disinfect areas in veterinary clinics, gyms, health institutions, industrial kitchens and in areas for food production. Our solutions are available through sales, lease and by total service delivery.
«The documentation demonstrates that the product is effective against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, spores, viruses and fungi.» - Norwegian Medicines Agency
This is how the technology works
The robot is easy to use – all areas exposed to air will be disinfected
The automated disinfection method from Decon-X is proven to reduce the risk of infections. It effectively removes bacteria, viruses and spores from the air, surfaces and equipment.
- Touch screen
- Operating the robot is easy. Log in using a personal code at the robot’s touch-screen, make a choice of pre-programmed room and press start.
- Integrated sensors
- The process is controlled by sensors that measure the most important parameters during the disinfection process; concentration of hydrogen peroxide, temperature and humidity.
- The inbuilt sensors detect if any deviations occur, for example if the ventilation is not shut off or if the room is not sealed off properly. This will be wirelessly reported to the user by SMS or e-mail.
- Automated reports
- The technology secures that the process-information is electronically saved and provides an automated report to the user when the disinfection process is completed without deviations.
- Wireless connection
- IoT – Internet of Things. Our personnel can log on to your robot and help you in your location. Built in communication provides information to the user via phone or computer.dd>
- Disinfection fluid
- The can containing disinfection fluid is placed inside the robot, and the robot will automatically take in the needed amount of fluid. The dry mist produced will effectively remove bacteria, spores and viruses without damaging the environment.dd>
- The disinfection fluid is vaporized through the specially developed nozzle. The dry mist will cover all areas where air flows, and will not harm furniture, textiles or electronics.
- Solid wheels
- The disinfection robot is easy to move around because of solid wheels and steady handles. This makes it easy to use the robot in multiple locations. The more often it is used, the better the investment.
«The documentation demonstrates that the product is effective against gram positive and gram negative bacteria, spores, viruses and fungi.»
- Norwegian Medicines Agency
In cooperation with Computas, Decon-X has prepared a report that illustrates the extent of hospital infections in Norway, their costs to society and the individual person, and the potential impact of prevention and reduction of the number of hospital infections. The report provides updated figures for costs associated with hospital infections in Norwegian hospitals and clearly demonstrates the potential savings to society when measures are implemented to reduce the number of patients that are infected; please refer to the facts below.
- The costs of hospital infections in Norway are NOK 2.1 billion annually
- A 10% reduction in the number of hospital infections can result in savings for the Norwegian national health service of NOK 208 million per year
- A 20% reduction in the number of hospital infections can result in savings for the Norwegian national health service of NOK 417 million per year
- Structured efforts to prevent hospital infections have proven helpful in reducing the number of infections and thereby also the costs.
You are welcome to contact us to receive the report.
Areas exposed to bacteria and contagion will gain from automated disinfection. Several producers of food have started using the robot from Decon-X for disinfection purpose. For meat-producers Listeria is often a problem, and in industrial kitchens often meet challenges from both Listeria and Norovirus.
Each and every outbreak will involve cost. Efficient and safe handling will reduce the time needed to retain normal production and limit the cost. Our automated disinfection method is done without need of manual labour – and such reducing employment-cost.
The disinfection process can be conducted at times when the production-line is inactive. Last employer leaving the area can start the process at the pre-programmed robot. An automated report from the process is sent to the user for documentation of successful disinfection process.
Regularly automated disinfection has a positive prevention effect, and will secure areas against outbreaks and spread of contagion.
- Outbreaks in production areas drive high cost.
- Production-stop must be limited, and to narrow the inactive time is crucial.
- Disinfection using Decon-X is quick, automatic and without need of workforce.
- Can be conducted during night-time, at times when production is paused.
- An automated report documents the result.
- Regularly automated disinfection prevent outbreaks.
Our solutions are tailored to users' needs, and the machines can be rented, purchased or ordered as a total service delivery.
In case of outbreaks, Decon-X will, together with the customer, quickly plan and implement the most optimal solution to minimise and combat the outbreak.
All our disinfecting machines are equipped with wireless technology that enables the user to monitor the process via smart phone, tablet or PC/Mac.
The machines submit reports confirming that the process is carried out correctly, or if there have been deviations during the disinfection process. Deviations are for example reported if the ventilation is not shut off or if the room is not sealed off properly. The same applies in case of too high or too low temperatures, or if the humidity levels are outside the recommended ranges.
Can our method of disinfecion solve your challenge? Ask us.Please feel free to contact us for any further information or questions you might have.
In 2009, Bjørn Platou nearly lost his arm due to a hospital infection following an operation of the shoulder, and this experience became the inspiration and cause for his involvement in the further development of the Decon-X method.
The intention was to develop a user-friendly disinfection machine that controlled the processes and ensured automated disinfection solutions for hospitals and nursing homes.
The first version of our automated disinfection machine, Decon-X DX1, was delivered towards the end of 2014.
Our main goal is to always achieve a reduction of at least 99.9999% of all microbes; that is a log 6 reduction.
Decon-X has delivered solutions and machines to medical institutions in Norway, Sweden and Denmark since 2014, and currently has collaborating partners and distributors in the Nordic countries, England and Spain.
Today's technology is developed by Decon-X in cooperation with partners in a 4-year research study financed under the BIA programme of the Research Council of Norway. Partners are Nofima, Christian Michelsen Research, Gexcon, Grilstad, TINE, Sunnaas Sykehus and Gatehospitalet.
An important result of the research project is a fully automated disinfection solution permanently mounted in hospital-rooms. This invention is developed in cooperation with Sunnaas Hospital’s innovation department and our technology-partner Tronrud Engineering. This project started in January 2018 and the solution was delivered to Sunnaas Hospital in January 2019. The wall-mounted nozzles in the hospital-room are operated from a touch-panel outside the room, which provide increased patient- and employer-safety.
Video from the hospital-room at Sunnaas:
The grant from the Research Council – together with the expertise and the experience of the project partners – enables further research in order to limit hospital infections, and also to concentrate on extended research for use in new areas - such as bacterial removal within the food production industry. Several areas are facing serious challenges today, and many of the methods used are environmentally harmful and without sufficient automation or process control.
Decon-X technology and machines are developed in Norway and produced in Hønefoss by Tronrud Engineering. The method is approved by the Norwegian Medicines Agency.